Old December 14th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
The NAA has some aviation-related records that FAI doesn't keep track of.
Guinness World Records has others as well. That's easy to verify.

The NAA is a US organization that sanctions and records US records. I am a
member and hold 3 records. There are several National record categories that
do not exist on a World Level, economy records for instance.

World records are sanctioned and recorded by the FAI. (Note the period) The
FAI is the ONLY internationally recognized authority. If you hold a World
record, I hold 2, your record is recorded by the FAI.

FAI only records aviation records for which it has chosen to establish
categories. It does not maintain "all official aviation related world
records."

Was this attempt in an aircraft outside of the established categories? How?

Was this record attempt sanctioned by either organization?

Were there some kind of witnesses?

You can't just fly something somewhere and claim you hold a "World Record"
doing it.

Alan Gerharter