Old December 19th 05, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student

Default Electronic review of flight?

Kyler Laird wrote:
"Al" writes:

With all of the new EFIS(Electronic flight Instrumentation Systems), has
anyone seen one that stores the flight path for replay? It looks like all of
the information is there, and this would be a tremendous help in instrument
instructing, or even "pattern review". If downloaded to a simulator on a pc,
this would be a good help answer post flight review questions. Al CFIAMI

I created an incredibly simple GPS playback mechanism. It just showed
the position on a moving sectional image and printed the speed, etc.
but I can certainly see how it would be useful.

It should be fairly simple to feed GPS data ingo FlightGear. I'll be
surprised if someone hasn't done it already but I don't recall hearing
of it.

--kyler

I write the same thing for my Pocket PC a year or so ago. It takes as
input a (manually) geo-referenced .jpg of a map and a text file of raw
NMEA data from my GPS. I could spend a little time cleaning it up for
public consumption if there's interest.

-R