Old August 9th 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default Rutan on Global Warming

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Dan Luke" wrote:
wrote:
Just about everyone agrees the past few decades are warmer than
previous.

Not everyone agrees the cause is human.

No, just every scientific professional organization in the world.

The scientific organization I belong to didn't poll its members before
adopting its position. I have no doubt the statements issued by many
organizations were decided by the leaders of said groups.

So? Read the one I posted from the American Association of Petroleum
Geologists. It is tepid, equivocal and obviously written to appease members
who are violently opposed to the idea of AGW, while still not denying the
overwhelming scientific evidence for same. Then read the rest of the links.
No equivocation there. Do you think they are misrepresenting substantial
portions of their memberships?

Anyway, so where is the IEEE position?
Or the Quasar Equatorial Survey Team?
Or ... well, you get the idea. Your statement _was_ a tad sweeping.

The IEEE is an engineering association.

QUEST is not a professional association, it is a research group.

Associations of scientific professionals, you know? Like the AMA for
doctors, the ABA for lawyers. Is this a difficult concept?

--
Dan

T182T at 4R4