Old October 9th 13, 12:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lab Lover

Default UK2 JX485 Consolidated CoronadoGR1 ex USN 7192 PB2Y-3B Helensburgh.jpg

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 19:16:17 -0400, "Indrek"
wrote:

"Ramsman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2013 21:39, Lab Lover wrote:
On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 14:57:21 +0100, Ramsman
wrote:

On 08/10/2013 14:13, Lab Lover wrote:
On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 23:22:04 +0100, Ramsman
wrote:

On 07/10/2013 18:43, Lab Lover wrote:
On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:00:39 +0100, Ramsman
wrote:

On 06/10/2013 14:56, Lab Lover wrote:
On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 09:15:53 +0100, Syke

wrote:

On 06/10/2013 09:05, Syke wrote:
Is that a 3 blade prop and a 4 blader?
Regards

Syke

Responding to my own question, it seems the answer is, sometimes;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...=lnms&tbm=isch

But not always;

http://www.aircraftaces.com/photos/pby-coronado-1.jpg

How odd!

Some interesting history on the Coronado:

http://www.history.navy.mil/branches...ac/pb2y-5r.pdf

I thought I'd research the Coronado in my own library, so took out
my
book on testing at Boscombe Down during WWII. It took a couple of
minutes to work out why the Coronado wasn't in the index...

And....?

I felt foolish.

I only tug once on the cheese.

That sounds rather rude.

Have a look in Google Maps for Boscombe Down, the site of the UK's
Aeroplane & Armament Experimental Establishment, and you'll see what I
mean.

Rude, no, not at all. You expressed a partial thought. I was
interested enough to ask you to finish the thought. In reply, you
made a feeble attempt at facetiousness, I responded in kind.

I expend more than enough effort attempting to read my wife's mind. It
is just too much effort to try and read the mind of a Usenet poster
and it is certainly far too much effort to go to Google maps to
evaluate a site I am intimately familiar with just so I can guess the
meaning of your cryptic comment.

Rude? No, it was simply my way of saying I am going to leave your
mouse trap alone and not play the game.

All of this silliness could have been avoided if you had simply
expressed a complete thought initially.

This is becoming tedious.

If you're intimately familiar with Boscombe Down, then surely you realise
why it was a mistake to look for the Coronado in a book abut the place?

--
Peter

Perhaps your interlocutor is unfamiliar with English geography.

So, for the benefit if the uninitiated, Boscombe Down is a long way from any
stretch of water where a flying boat could land. Hence the impracticality of
searching for information about a flying boat in a book dealing with
activities at Boscombe Down.

Please excuse my butting in here, but there a few enough contributors left
in the newsgroup and it would be a pity to spoil the generally amicable
tenor of the messages due to a minor misunderstanding.

It was my impression the Coronado was an amphibian like it's little
brother the PBY-5 Catalina. I certainly could be wrong.