Old October 10th 13, 01:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

Default UK2 JX485 Consolidated CoronadoGR1 ex USN 7192 PB2Y-3B Helensburgh.jpg

On 10/10/2013 12:02, PVK wrote:
On 08/10/2013 23:05, Ramsman wrote:

If you're intimately familiar with Boscombe Down, then surely you
realise why it was a mistake to look for the Coronado in a book abut the
place?

The futility of initially looking up the history of a pure flying boat
in a book about an inland airfield probably wouldn't have occurred to me
either. ;0)

Regards

Paul

The only excuse I can offer is that the book happened to be on my desk
because I'd previously been looking something else up. The thought
process was on the lines of: it's from WWII and the RAF had some, so it
must have been tested at Boscombe Down. Then the brain cells reconnected
and I realised it couldn't have been.

--
Peter