Old June 23rd 19, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Trailer plans

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 11:31:30 AM UTC-6, Paul Agnew wrote:
On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 11:50:44 AM UTC-4, Geoff Minors wrote:
Looks like the trailer for my Open Cirrus is falling apart from its trip across Canada!!
I am thinking I should build a new trailer myself which I have no problem with.
Are there any plans out there I can purchase or scrounge? Thinking of a clam type shell trailer.
Thank for help.

Geoffrey

There are two fiberglass clamshell tops for sale on Wings and Wheels. Building the frame should be easy enough.

PA

One would have to figure out how to stretch these shells offered on W&W, since they are set-up for a 15m trailer. The open Cirrus has a wingspan of 17.74m with two one-piece wings and long spar-stubs, which would be too long to fit under that shell.
Not impossible to do, though.

Uli
'AS'