Old September 29th 05, 04:45 AM
Jay Honeck

As a matter of fact Jay you might want to personally write each and every
type society and offer to host their next national convention.

Thanks for the suggestions, Margy. We have bombed out with the bigger
groups (Cherokee Pilots Association, for example) simply because we're too
small, at just 27 rentable suites. True, there are 44 bedrooms in those
suites, but we're usually about 50% full even on bad days, so in reality
there's only about 12 - 15 suites available, total.

The Navioneers spend a week every July somewhere in the US. You have to
assure a good place to race, easy access to the airport (done!), decent
places to eat (not a problem) a fly-away destination (Ammana Colonies) and
places for the spouses to go if they want. Easy access to rent a cars or
the lack of need for rent a cars a plus. What you really need is a dinner
on field and/or clean out that big room for catered affairs!

Actually that big room that was full of junk has been our Iowa City Room for
around two years now. We can seat around 40 in rows, or 16 - 20 around
tables. The Iowa chapter of the 99s use it for their annual meeting now.

When you send out your info make sure you describe number and types of
rooms. Some folks may have to share with their friends to get everyone
in.

Thanks again for taking the time to suggest things!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA