Old July 15th 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

Default OSH Sleeping

"Robert M. Gary" wrote

I'm more familar with camping in the Sierras where the days are 90F
and the nights are 20F. However, I do remember trying to sleep in the
dorm dripping wet (I got lucky with the dorm without A/C). I'm sure
the guys from the SE feel right at home but for those of us from the
SW this is not fun. Drying off after a shower was fruitless. Everyone
ran over to the Walmart and bought fans. Litterally hundreds of fans
were sold. We all left them in the dorm (since its not worth taking a
$20 Walmart fan home). I always wondered what they do with them all.

********************
New post begins he

Not any 20F nights at OSH, unless you want to wait a few months! g

Jay was right. Sleeping cool on top of an air mattress is what the doctor
ordered.

As far as drying off after a shower being useless, that is why my favorite
time to get a shower at OSH is 11PM or later. The shower room is about
empty, and the water really refreshes. It is great to wash the stink off
and crawl into a nice cool bed! A well ventilated tent has to be cooler
than a hot dorm room, any day!
--
Jim in NC