Old November 9th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default wristbands for air sickness, do they work ?

On Nov 9, 1:31*pm, Mark Jardini wrote:
my expereience as a flight surgeon in a high performance sqadron has
shown me that anyone can get airsick. (my call sign, "Chunks"). if the
fighter pilots are out of the cockpit for several weeks- airsickness
is a distinct possibility. also when they fly as check pilot, (read
passenger), again, rarely they would admit to airsickness.
The worse scenario for the fighter guys? put them in a simulator where
the instruments move but not the cockpit- instant airsick for them,
(whited out closed canopy).

My considerable airsick experience learnings
1- puke and you will feel better and be ok to press on
2- oatmeal is about the least bothersome coming up
3- even I could get over the airsickness if I flew often enough

mj

A glider pilot I used to know in the UK would throw up early during a
flight, especially if out in the sun for a while. Less prone to do
this if under cloud shadows. He'd be fine after hurling. Maybe a few
hard rounds of dizzy bat as a conditioning exercise are in order

FW