Old June 26th 20, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

Default Capella XLS

Did you notice that you're responding to a message almost 24 years old?

Ron Wanttaja

On 6/24/2020 9:53 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, CAPELLA1 wrote:
Sorry. I forgot to sign my post regarding the Subaru engine on the
Capella.

I am,

J. Reid Howell
President
Capella Aircraft Corporation

PS: I do not mean to suggest that there is anything wrong with the Subaru
engines. Simply put, the Capella was designed with specific powerplant
parameters taken into account. To my knowledge, no one has attempted to
install a Subaru engine in a Capella. What you would get with a Subaru
engine is unknown. A "Subella"? A "Caparu"? Anyway, it would'nt be a
Capella

Hello Mr. Howell...

I have an unbuilt Capella 2 seater that is missing the wing spars. Is there a source for the original materials meant for the spars or will I be required to fabricate some. I own a sign manufacturing company and have access to untold amounts of extrusions.