Old August 3rd 03, 03:44 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Newps wrote:

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:
I think if you bill the client a rate commensurate with gov't
milage for driving, or with a commercial airline ticket purchased
on the same time scale, no one will look twice, neither your
client nor the IRS nor the FAA.

Be careful there. On a short trip, say 150 miles, our local air taxi
fare will run over $100. You're making pretty good money if you bill
each client in the plane that amount

If you take a look at what I posted, I'm operating on the assumption
that he's not talking about flying clients -- a different set of issues
-- but rather, being reimbursed for his own travel expenses. If
there are other people in the plane, it's a different set of issues.

If the plane is just his way to get there, it's between Michael and his
clients what sort of travel expenses they're willing to stand him. I
assume his "site visit" fee would go up if he's required to spend 3 hrs
driving someplace he could fly to in 40 minutes. Mine sure would.

Cheers,
Sydney