Old May 3rd 21, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Libelle Camelbak stowage

They had a stick mounted on a table top for control inputs and a basic
visual display. As a glider pilot I had no trouble landing it
repeatedly but completing an aileron roll on final never worked out.
Even with a big pitch up before beginning the roll, the slow roll rate
would allow the nose to drop too far to recover...

Dan
5J

On 5/2/21 5:42 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 02 May 2021 16:54:52 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

AND you can try your hand at landing the Space Shuttle simulator.

I used to have a PC version of that: it started you at 55,000 ft and some
highish subsonic speed. You could fly it with a mouse and function keys
or use various degrees of automation up to letting it land automatically.

Curiosity: Is that the same version they use in the museum?