Old July 31st 03, 07:45 PM
Big John

Ron

It's how I read the regs, at least here in Houston, and the reason I
sold my Mooney..

I have never gotten in the FAA system to let them identify me with a
PM to keep my options open. Since I have never been carded for a
Medical in my many years of flying (except as part of a check out at a
FBO) could probably get (buy/build) a bird and fly and never get
caught (unless I had an accident and tried to get payment of
insurance).

I get a monthly check of it's (PM) workings via telephone and has been
the same for the last 8 years. Will probably need a new one (with new
battery) in a year or two. Mine hits about 40% of the time and only a
bit off the normal heart beat timing.

I am not restricted by my health care Doc from any activity nor have I
had any heart problems doing anything.

Big John

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:19:43 -0400, Ron Rosenfeld
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:26:06 -0500, Big John wrote:

They won't approve you if you have a pace maker installed, even if you
are non dependent.

That's not true for the United States. Where are you located?