Old September 17th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Nyffeler

Default Sunglasses for soaring

In article . com, wrote:
I have heard from time-to-time that Sun Tiger sunglasses work well for
soaring. Since I fly within 30 miles of the 1/10th busiest airport in
the world, anything that will increase my chances of seeing another
aircraft is something I want to take advantage of. It also turns out
that Sun Tigers are local, and not particularly expensive.
Opinions either pro or con are welcomed.
Thanks,
Jim

My eyeglasses for soaring have Zeiss Skylet Fun glass.
They have a somewhat different spectral transmission to normal sunglasses,
designed by the German soaring pilot and professor for electro optics Obermeier,
see webpage
zeiss.de/4125680f0053a38d/Contents-Frame/59dab48462214477c1256ac70023f799
I use them also for car driving because the dynamic range is excellent. While
driving trough a tunnel, I don't need to take them of.
It would be interesting to compare the spectral transmission with other
recommended sunglasses.