Old September 17th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default Sunglasses for soaring

On 14 Sep, 18:13, wrote:
I have heard from time-to-time that Sun Tiger sunglasses work well for
soaring. Since I fly within 30 miles of the 1/10th busiest airport in
the world, anything that will increase my chances of seeing another
aircraft is something I want to take advantage of. It also turns out
that Sun Tigers are local, and not particularly expensive.
Opinions either pro or con are welcomed.

Are Sun Tigers the very bright orange ones? If so, I have heard that
they are good for spotting clouds but that they can make field
selection difficult as crop colours - and hence maturity - are
difficult to distinguish.

I have a couple of pairs of Cloudmasters which I bought after
discussions here years ago: I understand they have excellent UV
protection (which is why I wear them, really) and they are very good
for cloud spotting with little colour distortion.

Ian