Old September 19th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S52

Default Sunglasses for soaring

I am quite happy with my Serengetis because of the following features:

- automatic adjustment (darkening) to light intensity, also useful for
tunnel driving

- increased contrast, this enables you to spot distant moving objects
earlier, and also to see more cloud details

Due to the different other technologies applied in the glasses, the
sunglasses are very relaxing to your eyes.

wrote:
I have heard from time-to-time that Sun Tiger sunglasses work well for
soaring. Since I fly within 30 miles of the 1/10th busiest airport in
the world, anything that will increase my chances of seeing another
aircraft is something I want to take advantage of. It also turns out
that Sun Tigers are local, and not particularly expensive.
Opinions either pro or con are welcomed.
Thanks,
Jim