Old September 19th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Default Sunglasses for soaring

On Sep 19, 2:16 pm, "Bryan" wrote:
I buy safety glasses at Wal-Mart for $4.79 ... lens colors range from
yellow, light orange, and dark orange ... I typically bring yellow and
one of the orange pairs in the ship depending on how much cu I
expect .
KK

Do the Wal-Mart safety glasses fit over prescription glasses and how does
expected cu help you decide which color to use when flying?

Bryan

On blue days I wear the dark lenses ... the yellow when I expect to be
under widespread cu or over development ... the medium lenses offer
some more flexibility.

They are probably too small to go over prescription glasses ... plus
they wrap around the sides. Here is a photo:

http://www.pgcsoaring.org/kk/glasses.jpg

I also stopped by a different Wal-Mart today ... and they did not seem
to carry the item, so I expect they are not available in all stores
for some reason. They are called SafetyVu Safety Glasses.

Here is a link to the manufacturer ...

http://www.greattechvision.com/

KK