Old September 20th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Sunglasses for soaring

On Sep 14, 1:13 pm, wrote:
I have heard from time-to-time that Sun Tiger sunglasses work well for
soaring. Since I fly within 30 miles of the 1/10th busiest airport in
the world, anything that will increase my chances of seeing another
aircraft is something I want to take advantage of. It also turns out
that Sun Tigers are local, and not particularly expensive.
Opinions either pro or con are welcomed.
Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim - I recommend Sun Tiger. Mine are custom bifocal which
they tinted. Polarized would be better if it didn't highlight canopy
distortions and make some instruments unreadable, so go with
unpolarized.

Best Regards, Dave "YO"

PS: Miss August posted 3rd longest flight on OLC Sunday,
using Sun Tiger glasses certainly helped read the clouds:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...htId=288978033