Old June 26th 19, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al McNamara[_4_]

Default Ventus rigging advice, please?

Lots of useful advice already which I won't repeat, but the variant of V2
(which you didn't mention) does make some difference. The 2c(x) has a hole
on the airbrake rod designed to hold the airbrakes open during the rig,
with the tool used to fit the tips designed to fit into the hole. This
stops the brakes re-locking as can happen
(as mentioned in a previous post).

Other than that, all I would add that is that ensuring the gap between wing
and fuselage is as small as possible, and (more importantly) even across
the chord is very important. I also rig right (starboard) first but know
others who do it the left first with no issues as long as the rest of the
set up is sorted.