Old June 27th 19, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill

Default Ventus rigging advice, please?

Not a V2, but I rig my 1981 Ventus b IAW the manual. Dump valve closed, flap handle in S, and horizontal stabilizer rigging pin inserted into the hole in the airbrake tube. Left wing first and main pin part-way in to hold in place. When inserting the right wing I find the key is to sight the relationship between the pin on the left spar and the bearing that it goes into on the right wing root. I look towards the right wing root from the fuselage at an angle. There's not much room, but it is possible to see how close the alignment is. If it's not close it'll never go together.