Old July 22nd 19, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Ventus rigging advice, please?

On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 11:15:05 AM UTC-7, John McLaughlin wrote:
Thanks everyone - I think I've got it cracked now - right wing first, tape
it.
Then, the big thing I've learnt is to feel inside the battery rack below
the
spars. I can now tell, by feel whether the second wing is too high or too
low
and knowing that makes all the difference.

I put reference marks on the spar butt ends and inside the fuselage that indicate when the correct dihedral angle is achieved. I also using my index finger to feel for a mismatch between the main pin bushings while adjusting the height of the fuselage jack (start low and gradually go up). You can feel even the slightest misalignment.

Tom