Old November 8th 03, 01:21 AM
John Roncallo

George Vranek wrote:

You are right, the most impractical on the diskrotor concept is to get the
funding for it. I have made the first drawing of the diskrotor helicopter in
June 1993 and from that time I have contacted nearly all helicopter makers
(Agusta, Eurocopter, Piasecki, Sikorsky, Westland.........) without any
succes. But I am still optimistic, because the time is ripe for a fast
flying helicopter: There is a certain number of rich people , who are able
to pay 30 millions of US $ for a machine which brings them from New York to
Acapulco without waiting for a slot before take off and without waiting in a
holding pattern before landing. You know, the time is money. If there is a
demand, the suppliers will discover it soon.

George

It is not that it is a diskrotor concept or something new that makes
funding a challange. Funding is always a challenge, I'v seen much more
bizzare ideas get the funding.

All those companys wont be interested unless some government branch like
NASA or DARPA ask's them to research it and pays them to do so. I
suggest you submit the idea as an DOD or NASA SBIR. Visit
http://www.acq.osd.mil/sadbu/sbir/othersites/index.htm. I belive Carter
Copter got started from a NASA SBIR.

My opinions experessed here are my own and do not represent the company
I work for.

John Roncallo