Old July 29th 03, 07:18 AM
Craig

(Corrie) wrote in message . com...
As I understand, the site is right near the gate of the Lockheed plant
at NAs Fort Worth, formerly Carswell AFB.

I would seriously doubt that location, as the aircraft sat there for
over ten years with us trying to get a building built on the same
location. The original commitment was for a location at Alliance. Then
politics took over and it changed to DFW and then to Love and back and
forth a couple of times. There were proposals to use the old Globe
plant in Blue Mound, but cost and the Army ended up killing that one
off.

You can figure that until someone or some company with the resources
and the balls to overrun the politcs comes into the picture and lays
the cash on the table, the a/c won't get reassembled in the DFW area.

Craig C.