Old October 16th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Re-curving mylar on a glider

Eric,

The Mylar is originally curved by passing the strip through a set of curved,
heated rollers. Complicated enough, all by itself (g) . . . to do the chore
with the Mylars still attached to the plane is beyond my admittedly limited
experience.

bumper

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
My top surface mylar seems to have lost some of it's curvature, because it
doesn't quite touch the aileron and flaps when they are in positive
positions. Does anyone know a way to put the curve back into the mylar
without removing it? It's so well adhered and smoothly installed, I'd like
to leave it on if at all possible, but I think it may be degrading my
climb while thermalling. The mylar is almost 12 years old.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org