Old October 15th 03, 07:29 PM
ArVa

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de
m...

Are you seriously denying that there was a French bashing campaign in the
US? I read a lot the US press avalaible on the Internet and believe me,
there was such a campaign! And for some (fewer and fewer every day to be
honest) it's not even over yet...

According to me, the most infamous piece was Ron Marr's article titled "Why
I hate the French". Just an excerpt :

"[...] The French eat horse. They eat glands. They eat bugs. I know this
because they rarely brush their teeth. Their women whine and complain and
braid their armpit hair. Their men are beret-wearing twig-boys with bad
complexions. All French people consider themselves intellectually superior,
and I suppose they are if the comparison is to an incontinent house cat.
Give them two minutes and they will inevitably rave of their sexual prowess,
which is a little like Christopher Reeve bragging about his speed in the 40
yard dash.[...]"
The rest at : http://www.americandaily.com/item/1287, but you probably
already had a good laugh reading it before.

OK, that kind of bs was not on the front page of the LA times, of the Dallas
Morning News or the Washington Post but it is printed in many local papers
throughout the country and reach million people.
OK, the vast majority of these people of course don't take it for word, but
it spreads hatred and distrust. For instance, how many of your fellow
citizens actually think, beyond any odds and despite the lack of evidence
and the denials, that France actually supported and helped SH's regime
*against* the US?

ArVa