Old December 23rd 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Default Why FBOs Must Charge a Fortune

Jay Honeck wrote:
I drove around our airport last week, giving a tour to some folks who
are interested in making Iowa City a stop on a future "National Air
Tour"-type event, and was appalled to find...nothing.

Unfortunately, you are preaching to the choir. We did what we could
last weekend by taking a 4 day Christmas trip in which we flew 8 hours,
made landings at 6 airports in 3 states, bought fuel at 3 FBO's,
visited relatives in two states, and transported home a load of items
we had purchased over the internet. We almost drove because the
forecast didn't look great for the last two days, but we took our
chances and were rewarded with great flying all the way. GA rules for
us. Too bad that virtual reality rules for most.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html