Old June 3rd 05, 06:43 PM
Icebound

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Icebound" wrote in message

I sure would love to hear the straight dope on the history of that
policy. It makes no sense.

I will see if I can find out.

At least one curious mind is looking forward to what you find. Thanks...

The dispatchers say it was strictly a noise abatement policy.

They claim way more noise-related calls on long weekends vs regular weekends
and the no-circuits policy helped alleviate that somewhat. The dispatchers'
theory was same as my earlier speculation: way more
"party-barbecue-get-togethers" on long weekends vs regular weekends.

Their basic-training fleet is not used for extended rentals much. Its a lot
more lucrative to have the planes available flying students. Most of their
extended rentals are done in newer airplanes that might just be used for
advanced ratings training.