Old September 20th 03, 01:46 AM
K. Ari Krupnikov

Ray Andraka writes:

Regardless, a failed electrical system constitutes an emergency in my book. If that happens, I want to be on the ground ASAP,
and certainly before my handheld's batteries die. Last thing I want to be doing is changing batteries while hand flying
(electrical system is gone, which also means no autopilot) in the clag. Using the emergency authority, I'm going to do whatever
it takes to get me on the ground asap without taking undue risks. I'd rather fill out the paperwork than have to have my hiers
fill it out.

No one is questioning your legal authority to do whatever. The
discussion has been about what action is less likely to have your
heirs fiilin out the paperwork.

Ari.