Old February 21st 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Sticking yoke

"soxinbox" wrote in message
When doing steep turns, I noticed that there is a little resistance to
pitch changes on the yoke. It seems it binds a little in the bearing
through the panel. Does anyone have a suggestion for the type of lubricant
I could use on this? Do they make anything for this purpose?

My yoke goes through a plastic-like bushing and the co-pilot side squeaked
like heck. It was loud, sharp and would rattle my teeth. I asked my
mechanic if I could just give it a shot of WD40 or silicone spray. He said
not to use any liquid-like spray. Not because it destroyed plastic, but
because it would attract dirt and get all sticky and gummed up eventually.
He recommended graphite powder.

I tried the graphite and it didn't work. Frustrated, I sprayed WD40 in
there and haven't heard a peep since. I will now have to keep an eye on the
bushing.

Kobra