Old April 23rd 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IAP without inbound course?

Jose wrote:
But, if the "drill instructor" was thinking in terms of DME ARC IAPs,
then that was silly.

Not at all. I bet most people don't know the parameters of a DME arc,
and most have never flown them, even in practice.

"They're not all like that" is a very important thing to learn, and
examples pop up in the oddest places. My wish is that they never pop up
at inopportune times.

Jose

How? There is only one such IAP in the country (probably the world).
If, however, you mean most pilots don't know how to fly DME ARC initial
approach segments, then their training is seriously lacking.