Old October 29th 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

Default Tow rope reel

Our Husky is our second towplane with a reel system, and we wouldn't
consider reverting to the old system. We have a Tost reel that is very
reliable, but there are two caveats with all systems we used:

- It happens that the cable is not completely winched in (friction
system incorrectly set, for example, or electrical problem). The pilot
should always check that before final approach.
- The cable can start to weaken inside the system, so you have to
check that regularly (dayly), because it can't be seen by checking the
cable from the outside, even by unrolling it completely (should also
be done regularly).