Old May 17th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default Repaving evicts us from our hangar?

I made the mistake 20 years ago of selling my Funk before I had a
replacement lined up. By the time I was narrowing down the choices, other
things came up to soak up the funds. I learned never, never sell your
aircraft until you know which one will replace it and are ready to buy.

I suspect you may be facing the opportunity to make that same mistake.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
"Jay Masino" wrote in message
. ..
All good points. Actually, after I posted this, my mechanic pointed out
that a greater risk might be dust and debris from them ripping up the
old asphalt. They're supposedly going down 12" and starting with a new
foundation. Luckily, they're not doing in front of the hangars,
directly. But the ripped up transient ramp will block access to the
runway if I stay.

I guess after 10 years of parking outside, I've become spoiled being
inside for the last 5. I'll probably just start a few projects that the
airplane has needed for a while. It'll be part of my A&P mechanic
"training".

It's also a good test to see if I can actually go 2 months without
flying. I've tinkered with the idea of getting out of the hobby (after
20 years).

--

Jay Masino "Home is where My critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com