Old August 31st 16, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Buying a glider, advice on type and prices

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:32:13 -0700, bythesea1234 wrote:

Or you could run (not walk) to W&W and buy the Pegase101 that just went
up - go to the Pegase Yahoo group and you will find 100 guys who love
their Glider (including me) - a great glider to own while you figure out
how to spend an additional large chunk of cash.

Pegase wings aren't that light, but not really a problem. I flew my
club's Pegase 90 a lot and really liked it. It was my first high
performance toy after getting Silver on the club's SZD Juniors.

One point to remember about the Pegase: if you have a choice between a
Pegase 101 and a Pegase 90, go for the 90 assuming that all other things
are similar. 101s all have Hotelier connectors on the ailerons and
airbrakes while the 90s were built later and have automatic connections
on all control surfaces.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK