Old December 3rd 03, 04:06 AM
miso

Thanks to both replies. I was thinking of the F15, so I thought it
might be the center of gravity. I'm going to see if I can find photos
of the other models mentioned.

"John R Weiss" wrote in message news:La2zb.392545$HS4.3201917@attbi_s01...
"miso" wrote...
Does the airbrake put it's force on the center of gravity of the
plane? If not, how does the pilot compensate for the force?

In some airplanes there is a cable interconnect between the airbrake and the
elevators that will compensate for pitching moments caused by the airbrakes.
Otherwise the pilot simply uses the stick/yoke to compensate for small changes.
After a pilot has flown a particular airplane type for a while, he naturally
adjusts when he uses the airbrakes.