Old February 2nd 04, 11:41 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:25:38 GMT, "Bill A."
wrote:

Can someone clear something up for me please? I've seen this FAQ a couple
times already and every time I look at it it looks to me like it's starting
on question 301. If this is true where are questions 1 - 300? If not why is
it numbered Q301?

The questions were numbered like that when I took over the FAQ. I suspect
the three-digit system was chosen to give unambiguous responses to a text
search to find a particular question number. *Why* the decision was made
to begin the question set at 300 vs. 100, I don't know, except that Steve
may have initially thought that the number of questions wouldn't get into
the thirties.

Good point, I've been posting the set for almost ten years and didn't even
think of it.

Ron Wanttaja