Old July 23rd 17, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default CAI Model 20 to OLC?

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 7:08:58 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 8:46:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 6:19:04 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:

I was stupid enough to take the lead in trying to manage the process of getting the Legacy CAI workaround through the OLC folks back in 2012.

And I was stupid enough to write the Cambridge converter program, and also the "Cambridge Aero Explorer".

Soaring software, its a gold mine!

Guy Byars

Thank you again, Guy! I still communicate with my 20/25 using a super ancient TI Extensa running Windows 98. Still has a real serial port, and a 3..5 inch floppy drive. Initial view of the flights is via the old Cambridge DOS program. Then I move to either an XP or Vista machine, and view on Aero Explorer Plus. To get the flight over there, I have a USB 3.5 inch floppy drive. And, yes. It all works just fine.

We need to see a flight in your SGS 1-20 recorded using a Model 10 logger and uploaded to OLC, Guy!

To all those that have done it, Thank You for lining that soaring software hole in the ground with your own gold. There are many out here that really do appreciate all you have done and continue to do.

Steve Leonard

Steve, Looks like you had problems with OLC on your 700k triangle yesterday..
If OLC accepts a trace from a cell phone they should accept anything. They wouldn't check if you claimed VJS was a Carbon Dragon.
At least they won't accept our donations. Silly buggers.
Jim