Old December 4th 20, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default LX Navigation Traffic Monitor or LXNAV-TrafficView?

I have had the FlarmView and now have the TrafficView (57mm) in my panel. They both provide an audio alert (no voice annunciator). The TrafficView has better graphics and is the brighter of the two. That being said a 57mm is pretty small for me to read in flight.

I much prefer my ClearNav showing the traffic's relative position and, more importantly, gives a clear voice annunciation of the the location of the target. I.E. "11 o'clock low". I can then keep my head out of the cockpit looking for traffic rather than staring at a screen.

My $0.02.

- John OHM