Old January 7th 04, 04:40 PM
Larry Smith

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:FeGKb.751015$HS4.5883554@attbi_s01...
In another post about the fabulous new Udvar-Hazy Center (part of the
National Air & Space Museum), frustration with not being able to fly

into
this terrific new facility was evident. I personally find it appallingly
ironic that museums which purport to glorify flight are not accessible

by
aircraft, despite being located on an airport.

Which brings to the fore a question: How many aviation museums really

ARE
accessible by light plane? I know, for example, that my two favorite
museums (the Air Force Museum in Ohio, and the Strategic Air Command

Museum
in Nebraska) are NOT accessible by aircraft.

Champlin Museum at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ --until they packed up and

moved
:~(

A big thing in these woods was to fly to Middlesboro, KY and see Glacier
Girl, the P-38 Lightning melted out of the deep Greenland Icecap, where she
lay buried since the forties. I take it she's still there, one of only a
half-dozen remaining Lightnings.
http://www.p38.com/glaciergirl/default.html