Old August 24th 04, 06:20 PM
gatt

I've had good experience with a Telex Echelon that cost something like $165.
Comfortable, good audio and cheap, but no ANR. Recommended for people who
fly ~5 hours a week, FWIW. I'm flying more than that, but I like it a lot
better than my old David Clarke clone.
(Probably pointless, but I like hearing the engine too much to spend the
extra cash on ANR right now.)

-c

"Ingo Wolf" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm looking for an headset.
I've tryed an Lightspeed 20XL in an Motor Glider
and couldn't find it that silent I espect.
I tryed the good Quality passive Headset of the
other pilot and couldn't find it noticeable louder,
he tested mine and had the same opinion.
The cockpit communication sounded bether with
the Lightspeed but without ANR the Lightspeed
was louder.
I have no change to compare much headsets, has
somebody done?
I've also red some reviews in the net, but found
no real comparison.