Old December 18th 18, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Are air filters necessary on Pitot, static or TE lines?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 15:39:06 -0800, chip.bearden wrote:

Today's varios aren't nearly as sensitive to moisture, apparently. So
for all the wailing about too much technology in soaring, we've made
some progress.

I rather took the remarks about small bugs crawling into my instruments
to heart and yesterday I replumbed my panel: now TE, pitot and static
lines all have a Crosland paper filter in them between the instruments
and the multi-way quick-connect that all three lines go through. It looks
a bit tidier too.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org