Old November 5th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison[_1_]

Default Taxiing to Parking in the North 40 -- Too cool!

Jay Honeck wrote:

I was able to park between a Cessna 172 and a Cherokee, after landing
on Rwy 36 and taxiing all the way down the flight line, past a zillion
planes -- just like the real deal. There are tents, and the tower,
and buildings -- it's really quite remarkable.

....but...can we practice parking the gaggle that leaves IOW next to each
other at OSH? Maybe that's what we need...and it will really happen.

In my first attempt I actually crashed on my right-base-to-final turn
to Rwy 27, just like the folks in the Europa did this year. I was
trying to keep it in tight, just like ATC always demands, and got too
slow.

Hmmm, maybe Mary should pull off her patented knife edge follow the
idiot in front arrival :-)

I can see it already: Our 2007 Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party is going
to be equal parts of swimming, brats, beer and Oshkosh training
seminar!

That should be a hoot after the obligatory brat/chips/corn/multiple beer
dinner :-P

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado