Old June 2nd 04, 04:58 AM
Paul Lee

Dave S wrote in message thlink.net...
Ok.. question for those out there with some hands on experience with the
IVO Magnum series electric inflight-adjustable props.

Dave,

I have an IVO prop with a 220hp Franklin. But am just starting testing
phase and have not tested the high end.

But you should be aware that IVO makes two pitch ranges for their
magnum props: [30"- 90"] and [45" to 105"]. I have the higher pitch
range prop whose average pitch is greater than the pitch recommended
for my aircraft with fixed pitch props and should be expected to do
better at higher end. Somebody getting the lower pitch range can
expect good takeoff performance but probably average cruise.

I don't think that IVO is a perfect substitute for the expensive
constant speed props, but is a lot better than a fixed pitch and
may be satisfactory for your needs if you select the right pitch
range - and is a very decent price to boot.

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard: www.abri.com/sq2000