Old April 20th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Flight Time - Student ;)

On Apr 19, 10:40 pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
"Don W" wrote in message

.. .

Maxwell wrote:
I don't kill file anything, but I do delete it. There used to be some
really good discussions on here. What is your interest in rotorcraft?

I'm a long time fixed winger (c 1973) who started flying helicopters two
years ago and loved it.

Except for the expensive hourly rate, I'd a lot rather be flying a heli
for sightseeing/pleasure flights. Of course, the fixed wing wins when you
need to travel somewhere, or when the conditions are IFR.

The problem I've got right now is that the closest FBO with helicopters
for rent is more than an hours drive from my house. Also, as I've learned
more about the R22, I've become a skeptic about its low-inertia rotor
system.

I got my FW PPL in 72 myself, but have yet to fly a helo. I have a school
just a few miles away with a Bell 47. Keep telling myself I'm going to do
it, even dropped by to see them a few years ago, but just never followed up.
Interesting they give instruction, but don't carry insurance for rental.- Hide quoted text -

Where is the school with the Bell 47? Not many such schools left
anymore.
Thanks