Old April 24th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Maxwell

Default Flight Time - Student ;)

"Maxwell" wrote in message
m...

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
oups.com...

My understanding Allied went out of business? At least the training
part of it?

Just gave their number a call, and I think the recording said Hines
Aviation, so perhaps they have sold or closed. I left a message and will
let you know what I find out.

I live in a area along the river they used to frequent on their training
flights, but haven't seen much if any activity from this since last fall.
I hope I haven't waited too late, I always intended to get a few hours of
instruction in one of their 47s. To me, they're a very proud old bird.

Finally got a call back today. Allied did indeed go out of business. Their
phone number rolls to Hynes Aviaiton, but only for referral purposes.
Although Hynes gives instruction at a different airport (KRVS), they only
offer an R22, with an R44 and possibly a Schwitzer 269 in the near future.

Hynes told me the 47 parts, and he thinks an VFR and IFR 47 (both for sale)
went to Parsons KS. He also mentioned a service in Ardmore Ok is offering
trainning in a 47. He did say both services were searchable on Google.