Old June 19th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

Default Emergency Landing-Engine DEAD

On Jun 19, 3:23*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:50:25 -0400, Orval Fairbairn
wrote in
:

Also, grass runways cut tire and brake wear *WAY down!

I would expect sod strips to be ideal for learning to master landing a
tail-wheeled *aircraft.

In checking pilots out in a Pitts, I always had them use the grass first
and get REALLY proficient with the roll out behavior of the airplane
before sending them on to a hard surface. Grass was MADE for a Pitts! :-))

In my limited experience the key to a good FLWOP is planning the 1000'
and 2000' points. If you nail them the glide approach is much more
straightfoward.

my 2c

Cheers