Old February 22nd 05, 02:07 AM
vincent p. norris

as were stories of his certificate having been suspended or
revoked. All those stories were spread by a couple of mean FAA low-lifes

Any source? I've got this from the NTSB:

http://www.avweb.com/other/ntsb9905.html

Here's a paragraph from that:

We had previously received an interim report from H. C. Whitcomb, Jr.,
M.D., pertinent to your alcohol problem. Dr. Whitcomb reported that
"in general averages two to four drinks of either wine or beer/week
when he's traveling." He further stated that there has been no abuse,
(see footnote 1) ...in our letter of October 18, 1995, we specified
that your "continued airman medical certification remains contingent
upon your total abstinence for use of alcohol."

Surely "two to four drinks...per week" can't be considered an "alcohol
problem"! Weve been told many times that two drinks PER DAY are good
for us!

vince norris