Old March 17th 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

Default Discus 2a cockpit size

I am 5'-10", 160 #s, 19 inch soulders and love my 2A. I have several 6
hour flights. Wouldn't trade it for a 2B. I suggest you go and sit in
one.

Tim

On Mar 17, 12:23*am, Stephen wrote:
On Mar 16, 6:58*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:

On Mar 16, 4:09*pm, Stephen wrote:

Who's the tallest person flying a discus 2a? * Anyone over 6' tall
flying one? *What's the comfort level for a 6 foot 1 inch person for
6+ hours?

Inquiring minds want to know. ....

Steve

I doubt anyone over 5'11" fits in one well. Your weight will also
matter as well as shoulder width. If you are doing it to save money,
don't. If you do please don't fly near me. The "a" cockpit is great
for those it was designed for (5'10" and 180 pounds or less) but can
be dangerous for others. Anyone taller will be too far back in the
cockpit and too tight to look around well. *The next generation (2Ca)
is better for taller pilots.

Tim (Ventus 2a, but also 5'9")

Thank you for the comments. My shoulders are 19" across and with a
chute I come in around 190+lbs. I also like to fly 5+ hours as often
as possible so this ship may be too small for comfort. Although it
seems the d2a is still competitive in std class.
Steve- Hide quoted text -