Old January 18th 11, 08:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Braddock

Default Cessna 150

On 1/16/11 2:28 PM, cjacorona wrote:
Hey Cessna 150 owners i just got my 150 last spring and this is the
first winter im flying it, the problem is it's so cold in the plane that
steam comes out your mouth, i had my mechanic check my cabin heater and
he said everything is fine with it that just the way they are, does not
produce much heat, is anybody have any ideas how to improve heater or
maybe install electric blower some how or do anything about it except
just don't fly it at all in winter.............

First thing to check is the heater muff arrangement. Standard factory
setup was one muff for carb heat, the other for cabin heat. Cessna sold
a conversion kit that would draw heat from both muffs for the cabin,
this makes a big difference. Second, install the winter baffles on the
cowl openings, which prevent a lot of cold air from blasting against the
firewall. Third, make sure your cabin door and window seals are up to
snuff, so they don't allow too much warm air to be drawn out of the
cabin. Good luck, winter flying can be some of the best of the year!

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane