Old April 12th 20, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default How About Story Time

SEX DRUGS AND ROCK N ROLL

So one Saturday morning, back in say 2003, I'm in the backseat of our ASK 21 here in Telluride Colorado giving hour rides. Jeff Campbell is the towpilot this day.
A couple of times a year in Colorado we can get these very strong thermic conditions, very strong with no OD. This was one of those days. We started at 9 am and things were fine when at noon this couple appears for the 12 oclock and 1 Pm ride. This women was striking, looked like Dolly Parton only bigger, everywhere. I take her husband up and it is getting too rough, like 15-17 knots up and down, but not much wind. So we land I decide to shut it down. I tell this gal this and she is so deflated, telling me how she had looked forward to this day for so long. She asks me why we can't go? It's not raining and the winds are light on the ground. I talk to Jeff, who knows how strong it is, and he says what the hell lets go. She impresses on me that she is a bit of a dare devil and is not afraid of rough air.
She was Sooo sexy, Huge blonde hair, Huge boobs, wearing a thin cotton dress, like the gal in Cool Hand Luke,she was from Atlanta a real southern bombshell.
So we push the K-21 out to the runway and I wonder if she will even fit in the front, shes like 6'1" maybe 200+ but beautiful.Bright red lipstick too. So I help her in and she just fits and I'm putting her belts on looking down what looks to me to be the Grand Canyon, she knows I'm having a total perve on her and shes just laughing and I'm thinking about what it would be like spending a couple of days with her in a Cabo condo drinking and doing some LSD, wouldn't that be fun?? I get her a couple of sick sacks but don't dwell on that issue. I shut her canopy and get in back and belt in and realize her hair is so big it fills the whole front view!
Campbell takes out the slack and off we go in out C 150/180 with a density altitude on the sign showing 12, 450'.
On the downwind departure leg we fly into this mile long thermal going up like 1700. Campbell does 2 reversal turns in it and I'm off at 12,000. I ask her if she wants to go high or cruise the ridges and she says she would like to do both please. So I head to the ski area and I swear to god I never did a 360 and I get us up to 17k in about 15 minutes flying straight and doing some 180's.
We have this cirque about 20 miles long that goes clear around Telluride that is spectacular, So I find some strong sink, did I mention it is really really rough?, and get down on the cirque, fly the whole thing and go into land.
She gets out and is just beyond herself and hands me a 200 dollar tip and asks me to split it with the tow pilot.
I still think about that ride.