Old June 3rd 20, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Scam I think!!!

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 7:02:15 PM UTC-6, Mike N. wrote:
What is sad is that there are those who fall for this crap.

Lots of scams aimed at the elderly too.

Many governmental programs for seniors were farmed out to foreign bidders and some of those records obviously fell into the hands of scammers. In our computer groups we repeatedly remind seniors never to engage cold callers with any personal or financial information. If you need something, call the appropriate agency. It's also prudent not to call the first Google search result. Type ssa.org into a Google search and the first AD result is likely social security, but that search might be shaped by the user. Happens on Duck Duck Go on another browser also.

Frank Whiteley